Wednesday, March 1, 2017

My most sincere apologies

I am very sorry. I can't believe that it has been nearly a year since when I released the first portions of Chapter 3 -- the frat party for HIGH VOLTAGE.

I need to make things right. So, to do that, I'm going to release all of Chapter 4 and most of Chapter 5 by the end of the month!



What is HIGH VOLTAGE?
High Voltage is a choose your own adventure story that I write here on the blog. But the written word by itself is boring! This is a caption blog, so of course the story is told through captions.

How come I've never heard of this?
Probably because the last time I released a chapter was in August, and if you first read a part of Chapter 3 in March, then you've been waiting for a loooonnnnnggggg time.

How big is this story? 
There are currently 417 nodes (or posts) which contain pieces of the story. Some posts have multiple captions per post, while some are just one.

Chapter 4, which will be released on March 21, consists of about 65 new nodes which span multiple chapters. I'll be honest, this chapter is pretty short. It is mostly used to consolidate similar chapters, and split off certain decisions which will become important in time.

Chapter 5 is significantly larger. There are nine sub-chapters for Chapter 5, each which consist of about 30 nodes. The ones which will be released on March 28, relate to the Bachelorette Party, which is the largest section of the chapters.

In total, between 300-350 new nodes will be posted by the end of this month. That will almost double the current volume of the story. This is inherent in a choose-your-own-adventure tale since each choice leads to additional choices, etc, which causes the story to grow ever larger.


Why aren't you releasing all of Chapter 5 this month?
Each Chapter covers a distinct block of time. So depending on previous choices that you've made, you can either be attending a bachelorette party, staying at home, or, for very few of you, you can attempt to switch back because you've completed the device. Although the 9 subchapters which lead to the bachelorette party are distinct in their own ways, they more or less have the same plot, so I made them all at once.

I hope to finish the rest of Chapter 5 soon. I'll update you again at the end of the month.

I'm so excited! I want to read the story right now!
Thankfully, you can! Or at least you can read the first three chapters. Click here for the story navigation, so you can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment